Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sustainable Valentine's Day


I didn't want to close out February without a nod to Valentine's Day.

In keeping with my goal this year to reduce my intake of stuff, to celebrate V-Day, I applied a few of the suggestions from my Holiday Survival Guide.

The Intangible Gift

With my own krafty little hands, I created my version of the coupon/gift card:

Themed Origami Hearts

The design of each represented the sentiment I wished to express or something I promised to do for my True Love.

Best of all . . .

. . . No new materials were bought or brought into the house to make this gift.

I repeat: No new materials were bought or brought into the house to make this gift.

Drawing From The Stash

  • designed my own origami paper using clip art and my handy dandy word processor
  • printed the designs on paper already in my possession
  • searched the Internet for folding instructions in order to make the hearts
  • practiced the paper-folding technique using sheets from my Recycle Paper Pile, before finally folding with the paper I designed
  • embellished the folded hearts with a bit of ribbon
  • selected a gift box in which to place the hearts, from my collection of same (What!? You don't have a collection of gift boxes. . . ?!)
. . . and VOILA!

No comments: