I didn't want to close out February without a nod to Valentine's Day.
In keeping with my goal this year to reduce my intake of stuff, to celebrate V-Day, I applied a few of the suggestions from my Holiday Survival Guide.
The Intangible Gift
With my own krafty little hands, I created my version of the coupon/gift card:
Themed Origami Hearts
Best of all . . .
. . . No new materials were bought or brought into the house to make this gift.
I repeat: No new materials were bought or brought into the house to make this gift.
- designed my own origami paper using clip art and my handy dandy word processor
- printed the designs on paper already in my possession
- searched the Internet for folding instructions in order to make the hearts
- practiced the paper-folding technique using sheets from my Recycle Paper Pile, before finally folding with the paper I designed
- embellished the folded hearts with a bit of ribbon
- selected a gift box in which to place the hearts, from my collection of same (What!? You don't have a collection of gift boxes. . . ?!)